November 5, 2011

Surprise, Surprise

I am by no means a nail polish connoisseur, but I would say I have my fair share of polishes. Generally I favor a short nail in darks colors like wine, plum, and navy.

Being that nail polish isn't number one, actually not even top 10, on my must-have list, my mother usually is the one who buys the ones I do have. Lately she has been  purchasing them from Avon... I wasn't quite sure what to expect from an Avon nail enamel, but I was pleasantly surprised after trying the first one, which was their SpeedDry+ nail enamel in 'Vamp it Up,' a maroon/wine color. The color was smooth, shiny, and it really did dry fast! 


Since I was so thrilled with the first one, I gave it another shot and purchased two more (once again my mother chose the colors) this time a glittery navy (Splendid Blue) and what looked like an iridescent, white color. As I said before I really prefer a darker color so I wasn't too excited when I saw it, but after the first stroke I fell in love with what turned out to be a very pale gold (which also happens to be its name). Again surprised! Here are a few pictures....


Even though this is a very light color I think it still works really well for fall and of course winter.


What are your thoughts? Have you tried an Avon nail polish that you love?




No comments:

Post a Comment