April 3, 2013

A Double Dose of Jamie Krell

A few weekends ago, I met a real-life fashionista... Now, I know we tend to label anyone and everyone who loves fashion a "fashionista," but when you meet Jamie Krell you realize just how wrong that is.

Jamie Krell is a style and beauty expert who has graced your television screens on shows like EXTRA, E! News, the TODAY Show, The View, Access Hollywood, and really the list could go on for at least five more lines. She also happens to be absolutely gorgeous and incredibly sweet--a fabulous little package (you'll see...).


So, where did I meet Ms. Krell? On the second floor of Neiman Marcas at Scottsdale Fashion Square in the CUSP department where she happened to be giving a lovely presentation entitled "Jamie Krell's Favorite Things." Along with with the CUSP department's manager Aimee, Jamie styled Agency Arizona models a la the spring's hottest trends and, well, Jamie's favorite things.


My favorite piece of advice from the afternoon was, "A leather jacket makes you look instantly cool." And then she spouted off all of the possibilities and I was a believer.  Check out how she paired this feminine lavender and lace look with an uber cool leather jacket.


I also picked up some excellent tips on how to do casual without looking sloppy. It is a fine line that I have struggled with forever. I've never once left my house in pajama's or yoga pants, because I never know who I may run in to. I am armed with the knowledge that it is all about fabric and fit, and can finally be comfortable! Thank you Jamie for setting me free!


Now that we have cool and casual down, Jamie mixes it all up with this glam-but-casual look--layering a jeweled and beaded Alice + Olivia bustier over a white button-up and paired with destroyed denim.


Guess what? You get a double dose of Jamie Krell in this post! Just a few days later, Jamie presented the Macy's Spring Trend Report at Scottsdale Fashion Square to 200+ fashion-loving attendees. There were also yummy treats and beverages on hand.


Though I am obsessed with her personal outfit choices, Jamie showed the crowd how to put together this season's trends in the chicest possible ways. I am especially loving that all of her bottoms choices have some sort of great detail. And of course no one can mix and match print, pattern, and color like Jamie. I am pretty sure I need just about every one of these fabulous outfits.





Check out Jamie's Website and blog HERE! Follow her on Twitter @JamieBKrell

No comments:

Post a Comment