November 17, 2011

Intern Queen Inspires ASU

As you may or may not already know, I am a current Campus Ambassador for Lauren Berger, the Intern Queen. I've only been an ambassador for a couple of months, so I was extremely excited when I found out that ASU's Undergraduate Student Government was bringing Lauren to speak on campus.

Though I was looking forward to hearing her speak--I was more excited to get to meet up with her and the other ASU Intern Queen Campus Ambassadors and her ASU Intern for coffee before hand.

CAs & Intern Queen

We had a great time getting to know each other and talking internships, careers, and education. She is not only extremely knowledgeable about all things internships {I mean she is the Intern Queen after all}, Lauren was hands down one of the most friendly and down-to-earth people I have ever met. Her genuine desire to help others succeed is contagious and motivating.

After coffee we all headed over to the ASU campus for the talk. Over 200 students showed up to listen to Lauren give invaluable advice on internships. Students who live tweeted the event couldn't stop gushing about what they learned and how they were ready to put her advice to work!

Lauren and I

One of the favorite quotes from the night was, "Don't go after what is available, always go after what you want." If you weren't able to attend the talk and need advice, if your looking for your dream internship, OR you want to bring Lauren to your school visit www.internqueen.com >> You won't be disappointed!

Ashley, ASU Student
Okay also how cute is this student who attended the talk? According to her this is her "I have three exams tomorrow look," in which I exclaimed, "I wish I looked like that when I have three exams!"




No comments:

Post a Comment