May 8, 2012

Book Style- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

Okay so I'm a little behind on my book-a-week schedule, and it is only week 2. I finished The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo today. The book was a lot different than I expected, mainly because of all of the hype  brought about by the movie (which I can't wait to see now)... let's just say I expected some crazy stuff. That is not to say that the book wasn't intense, it was, but it also had some really endearing parts. As not to spoil anything for those of you who have not read the book or seen the movie I will go ahead and move on to some book inspired fashion. 

Thankfully I have some visual inspiration a la Rooney Mara...

Truly Madly Deeply French Tanks at Urban Outfitters, $29

Salander (a.k.a. the girl with the dragon tattoo) loves a graphic tee... though this is a bit more tame than her risqué tee shirt sayings.

Pippin at yesstyle.com, $138
I've never been a huge fan of leather jackets, faux or otherwise, but Lisbeth Salander makes it seem so cool, and Yesstyle makes it somehow feminine. 

Vegan Leather Pleated Skirt at Free People, $148
I know that more than likely the edgy girl with the dragon tattoo would not be caught in a Free People skirt, but this is after all an inspired list. Pair this with some of these perfect BZR ombre tights in coal. 

BZR, $50

Okay, let's finish with some accessories and shoes! 

At H&M, $14.95

Aeillo Sneakers at Aldo, $50

This week I'll be reading This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald. 




No comments:

Post a Comment