May 7, 2012

Style Watch- Fruits and Veggies

I recently made the decision to become a vegetarian, this of course was a decision based on the fact that I cannot properly digest meat. With that said my life and meals revolve around fruits and vegetables...all day everyday.

So what does this have to do with fashion? Well, for you die-hard fashion lovers out there, the mere mention of vegetables may have brought Dolce & Gabbana's Spring 2012 RTW collection to mind. When I first saw the pictures of the pepper and eggplant prints on sheer dresses, crop tops, and jackets, I was surprisingly elated...fun, festive--perfect warm weather aesthetic.




As much as I would love to have a Dolce & Gabbana squash corset, there is such a thing as a budget, and on my budget I'll have to wait until those beautiful garments are vintage before I'll have one of my own. Until that fateful and glorious day here are a few vegetable and fruit! options we can all afford.

Xhilaration Lemons Fruit Backpack at Target, $24.99

I discovered this backpack a few days ago on a trip to Target and I am hoping to go back this week to purchase it for next semester because I think lemons can go into any season. 

Neon Tank at Etsy, $25
So this isn't a vegetable print per say, but it is vegetable inspired and way too cute to pass up. 

Fruit Print Blouse at Romwe, $52.99

This multi-fruit print blouse is hot... so hot there are literally a handful left! 




Vegetarian Charm Bracelet at Etsy, $24

If you are not too fond of eating your veggies, why not wear them on your wrist with this antiqued brass charm bracelet.

Have you found any fruit and veggie inspired styles this season? Please do share! 




No comments:

Post a Comment