July 12, 2012

A Fashion Education

Normally my day consists of sifting through hundreds, and I'm sure probably thousands, of fashion images. This may seem a little obsessive, but I mean with sites like Pinterest, StyleSaint, style.com and everyone's favorite app... Instagram, it's not that hard to do. Nonetheless I look at it as a part of my job, at least part of what  will be my future career.

I want to be a fashion editor and writer. 

I'm currently a senior (yay!) English literature, which means I'm working on the writing aspect of my dream... but then there is the fashion editorial part. Well, I am blessed to say that I'm getting an education in that as well. I started the journey about six months ago with this lovely lady assisting with styling (steaming, organizing wardrobe/shoes, returns etc.) on some fabulous shoots. So today, I thought instead of sharing random images, I would share a few  I got to see take place first hand. Enjoy!



Aqua Parios by Mireya Acierto and MU/Styling by Diane Aiello 


Arizona Foothills Magazine 'A Fine Romance'


Arizona Foothills Magazine 'Fashion Fore-ay'


Fashion Gone Rogue 'Face The Light' by Matthew Priestley and Styling by Diane Aiello

4 comments:

  1. great job missy! So very jealous but very proud;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work! I worked for a fashion publication, interning is a great way to get a foot in the door.
    www.thewardrobediaries.com

    ReplyDelete